THE 'NEW' COURAN COVE ISLAND RESORT
South Stradbroke Island
IMAGINE WAKING UP TO YOUR OWN PIECE OF PARADISE EVERY DAY
Owner-occupiers can enjoy Couran Cove’s brilliant location to live a relaxing lifestyle away from the hustle and bustle of the Gold Coast.
- or -
ENJOY THE GREAT RETURNS AS AN INVESTOR!
Invest in the attraction of Couran Cove renowned as a fabulous holiday getaway. This is an ideal investment currently returning 6%.
COURAN COVE ISLAND RESORT
Please click the play button
to watch video.
To view more images, watch videos and read media articles, please click on the below link to head to our designated Couran Website.
Here’s our take on what’s going on with the Gold Coast housing market.
GOLD COAST: 10 THINGS
1. About 577,000 people live on the Gold Coast. It is expected to grow by some 12,500 new residents per annum.
2. There is a need to build 5,000 new dwellings each year to adequately house this demand.
3. Just over 5 million tourists stayed overnight on the Gold Coast last year. They stayed for a total of 24 million nights. This market grew by 7% last year. Expanding tourism is also fuelling new dwelling demand.
4. The tourism industry contributed about $6.4 billion to the Gold Coast regional economy last year. This represents about 20% of the Gold Coast’s $31.5 billion economy.
5. Tourism supports approximately 46,000 jobs on the Gold Coast, which is 18% of the total local jobs. The Gold Coast, as outlined last week, currently holds 262,000 local jobs.
6. Other local registered businesses numbers have also been on the increase. Local unemployment is on the decline.
7. Residential sales, too, have increased, as have new dwelling approvals; but new dwelling supply is struggling to keep up with demand. More on this later this week.
8. The dwelling market is in a strong upswing in terms of sales. There were 8,500 detached house sales; 10,000 apartment sales; 4,000 townhouse sales and 2,500 vacant lot sales on the Gold Coast last year. These volumes are more than double those traded just five years ago.
9. Current attached dwelling values are rising faster than the mid-term, and especially long-term, average. Median house values rose 7.6% last year; apartment values rose 5.7% and townhouse price were up 4.5%.
10. So, too, are weekly rents, especially for apartments and townhouses. Our available rental rate for the Gold Coast is currently 1.7% for apartments, 2.0% for townhouses and 3.7% for detached houses. There are just 2,000 dwellings advertised for rent on the Gold Coast.
Matusik Missive by independent property analyst, Michael Matusik.
Every week Michael shares his thoughts on the Australian housing market.
Visit to find out more.
About Couran Cove
The ‘New’ Couran Cove Island Resort is located on the southern end of ‘iconic’ Stradbroke Island (part of the Gold Coast Broadwater) and only 25 minutes from the major CBD and commercial centre of Surfers Paradise and Southport.
Couran Cove boasts features and facilities which include -
marina with berthing available
dining includes the Beach Club, Marlin Bar & Bistro, Boardwalk Bar & Café and Poolside Café on Spa Island
a brand new ‘Virtual Reality’ Centre which includes multi sports simulators (golf, hockey, cricket and much more)
beautiful bicycle paths through the forest to the surf beach
lagoon activities including kayaks, stand-up paddleboards and inflatable toys
water sports experiences including ski boat, jet skis and tube rides
buggy tours, ‘Segway’ rides and scenic seaplane flights
4WD adventures and sandboarding adventures
gym, tennis and basketball courts
luxurious ‘Day Spa’
native island forests filled with indigenous animal life and birds (ideal for nature enthusiasts)
secluded 22 km pristine beach
Perfect time to purchase
The timing to purchase a property at Couran Cove is perfect with the relaunching of the ‘New’ Couran Cove Island Resort including extensive internal and external refurbishments and upgrades of the facilities. With works still being carried out, the resort has so far had $9 million spent on it in the last 12 months including -
internal refurbishment and external cleaning of 100 residences
upgrading of all infrastructure / services
new ‘Marlin Bar Tavern’ and 'Board Walk Cafe' located in the arrivals building
new resort and residence furniture
new ‘Virtual Reality’ Centre
refurbishment of swimming pools
new sporting equipment and refurbishment to the tennis and basketball courts
new 110 person ferry and 180 person ferry